Seam Butchery & Charcuterie with Christoph Wiesner
Friday 10/29 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hands-on class with tastes
Austrian Seam Butchery demonstration and hands-on charcuterie class led by the President of the Austrian Mangalitsa Breeders' Association, Christoph Wiesner. Christoph and his family run a farm in Göllersdorf, Austria, where they raise rare breeds of goats, pigs and other farm animals. Christoph will lead the class on seam butchery, an old Continental Europe-method of breaking down animals according to their muscle seams. After breaking down the pig, Christoph will lead a hands-on charcuterie class featuring techniques specific to the Mangalitsa. Students will be able to take home the items they prepare.
$95 per person, plus tax
In My Kitchen with the Mangalitsa and Isabell Wiesner
Friday 10/29 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Hands-on class with dinner & wine
After the butchery class, join Isabell in the kitchen for a hands-on cooking class featuring the Mangalitsa. Isabell will lead the class in her favorite recipes and pair the evening's meal with wines from Austria.
- "Klachlsoup" – pigs knuckle soup with breadcrumb-dumplings
- Roasted liver with bread and lettuce
- "Schweinsbraten" with "Krautfleckerln" – roasted shoulder with cabbage
- "Wiener Schnitzel" – Viennese escalope with potatoesalat
- "Bauernkrapfen" – farmers donuts with apricot jam made in rendered lard
$145 per person, plus tax