Friday, July 22, 2011

Project Mangalitsa - Paleo Diet

Heath Putnam sending Robb Wolf a Mangalitsa care package.

Robb Wolf is the author of the Paleo Solution. I just sent Robb Wolf a variety of Mangalitsa products: ham, lardo, lard, jowl speck and soap.

I'm tired of hearing people talk about how Mangalitsa fat will raise their cholesterol, make them get fat, etc. I can't tell you how frustrating this is; some of the healthiest people I know literally live on animal fat. You try keeping pace with them during a workout and you'll be on the floor gasping for breath.

So sometime in the near future I'll be starting a Mangalitsa-based paleo diet.* My goal will be to show that it is possible to literally live on Mangalitsa fat and be quite healthy.

I figured I might as well send Robb Wolf the food I'll be using to construct the diet.

* pigs are neolithic. So maybe this diet should be called "paleo-inspired".

No comments: