Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanks to Our Customers - Again

Little Miss Naughty Holds a Mangalitsa Side

After months of being out of Mangalitsa, I finally sold some at a farmers market. Response was astounding.

Notorious C.U.T.

I asked the slaughterhouse to prepare Notorious C.U.T.s - as these are a favorite cut - but they didn't. Instead, they gave me a bunch of sides, like the one pictured at the top. It isn't normal for retail customers to buy sides - that's just too much. A side weighs about nine pounds, a Notorious C.U.T. about 1.5 pounds.

When informed of the mistake, our customers are purchasing sides. They love Mangalitsa so much that they'll buy a 9-lb side. I never would have guessed that I'd see someone come up and buy a side of a Mangalitsa - and see that same person leaving, looking very happy, like he'd just scored. A bit like a rat dragging a big treat back to his nest.

No comments: