Saturday, April 25, 2009

Monsoon and Mangalitsa-sired Pork Belly

I stopped by Monsoon today to deliver some Mangalitsa-sired pork.

Johnny, Chef de Cuisine, served me and the staff some Mangalitsa-sired pork belly. They'll be serving it for the first time tonight, so he wanted to try it.

It was done Vietnamese style. He'd already braised it, so he seared it and then warmed it in the oven. He served it on some fresh vegetables and sauce.

It was really incredible. I only took one bite. Some staff members took a bite. I felt really bothered that I couldn't just eat it all. When I noticed those feelings, I felt like a pig.

Someone remarked that it was a bit big for an appetizer. Two people would probably want to split it. I said that if people tried to do that, there could be fights over it - it was simply too tasty.

No comments: