Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mangalitsa Chef going to Minnesota

Mangalitsa Chef's Carrot Ginger Waffles

Mangalitsa Chef Bryce Lamb is going to Minnesota. He'll be working at a well-known farm-to-table restaurant, only 2.5 hours from one of our farms.

To get things off with a bang, I'm going to give him some Mangalitsa pigs.

When he went for his interview/audition, he took some of our Mangalitsa pork, which I provided as samples to the restaurant owners.*

Mangalitsa Chef made his Mangalitsa waffles and other Mangalitsa dishes for his interviewers. Apparently people liked his stuff a lot - which isn't at all surprising. The Wiesners think he's an excellent chef. Obviously he loves making stuff with Mangalitsa.

I will be sad to see him go.


* In general I don't give out samples. I gave them samples because they were nice on the phone, and due to the kind of restaurant they have, they are good feeder-pig prospects.

No comments: