Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Open House - Swiss Meat & Wooly Pigs, Upcoming Classes

We are having an open house at Swiss Meat and Sausage Company June 16th.

The event is invitation only. Mostly there'll be Missouri chefs and media there, including some chefs, like Jimmy Fiala and Debbie Gold, who've used Wooly Pigs brand Mangalitsa before.

We'll show people:
In the future, we'd like to have classes at Swiss, where interested people would be able to fly in and learn how to kill and process lard-type pigs into super-premium food.

Swiss Meat really is the USA's first slaughterhouse able to turn lard-type pigs into marketable cuts. A third Mangalitsa fattener - quite far from Missouri - is going to send some pigs there soon. When you see stuff like that happening, it is clear the processor is doing something a lot better than the others. Of course, the reason the processing matters so much is that the pigs are so different from other pigs.

I've invited some of my best customers to attend this event - but I'm sure I forgot to extend the offer to all of you. If you would like to attend, please let me know and I'll see if we can make it work.

No comments: